Cynosure Elite MPX™ Laser Hair RemovalWaxing and shaving are endless processes that take precious time. Waxing is very painful and expensive while shaving is time-consuming and a constant irritation. Laser hair removal has become an increasingly popular, convenient, affordable, and non-invasive cosmetic method to reduce hair growth.
Laser Hair Removal TechniqueThe process may take anywhere from a few minutes to one hour to complete depending on the size of the treated area(s). Our laser utilizes a low-energy laser beam which passes through the patient's skin and is attracted to the colored pigment of the hair. In most cases, the pain is minimal - it feels like a quick “snap” on the skin. Our laser comes with a cooling unit used at the time of treatment to help mitigate any pain.
Laser Hair Removal Benefits
- A non-invasive, technique that reduces, thins and can eliminate undesirable hair from most parts of the body
- Treats larger areas effectively because it disables more than one hair at a time
- Minimal discomfort
- Replaces waxing, electrolysis, shaving, and bleaching
- Absolutely no downtime
Laser Hair Removal Considerations
- Laser hair removal is a process that requires multiple sessions since it affects actively growing hair, and not all hair follicles are active at the same time.
- Occasionally patients may experience slight redness of the skin or mild swelling around the follicle after treatment.
- Sunscreen is recommended for any area treated that may be exposed to the sun during treatments.
- Hair should be clean-shaven the day of the treatment. This is because the laser needs to pass through the skin to target the root of the follicle. Any hair above the surface of the skin could interfere with the efficacy of the treatment.
- It is recommended to discontinue waxing throughout the duration of your laser hair removal sessions. When hair is pulled out of the follicle, there is nothing for the laser to target, making laser hair removal ineffective.
- The use of heat on laser hair removal areas for 1-2 days after treatment should be avoided as it can irritate the newly lasered area. Avoid hot baths, hot tubs, heating pads or seat warmers for this period of time.
OTHER TREATMENTS OF INTEREST